19-20 November 2018, Surrey, UK
DCASE 2018 Workshop is the third workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events, being organized for the third time in conjunction with the DCASE challenge. The workshop aims to provide a venue for researchers working on computational analysis of sound events and scene analysis to present and discuss their results. We aim to bring together researchers from many different universities and companies with interest in the topic, and provide the opportunity for scientific exchange of ideas and opinions. The technical program will include invited speakers on the topic of computational everyday sound analysis and recognition, and oral and poster presentations of accepted papers. In addition, a special poster session will be dedicated to the DCASE 2018 challenge entries.
We invite submissions on the topics of computational analysis of acoustic scenes and sound events, including but not limited to:Tasks in computational environmental audio analysis
- Acoustic scene classification
- Sound event detection and localization
- Audio tagging
- Challenges in real-life applications (e.g., rare events, overlapping sound events, weak labels)
- Signal processing methods
- Machine learning methods
- Auditory-motivated methods
- Cross-disciplinary methods involving, e.g., acoustics, biology, psychology, geography, materials science, transports science
- Publicly available datasets or software, taxonomies and ontologies, evaluation procedures
- Description of systems submitted to the DCASE 2018 Challenge
30 March 2018 - 31 July 2018
The members of the organizing committee are pleased to welcome you to participate to the fourth edition of the Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events DCASE 2018 Challenge. Building up on the success of the previous editions, this year's evaluation continues supporting the development of computational scene and event analysis methods by comparing different approaches using a common publicly available dataset. The continuous effort in this direction sets the milestones of development and anchors the current performance for further reference. Challenge participants are welcome to present their work during a special poster session within the DCASE 2018 Workshop.