The workshop aims to provide a venue for researchers working on computational analysis of sound events and scene analysis to present and discuss their results.
DCASE 2018 Workshop is the third workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events, being organized for the third time in conjunction with the DCASE challenge. We aim to bring together researchers from many different universities and companies with interest in the topic, and provide the opportunity for scientific exchange of ideas and opinions.
The technical program will include invited speakers on the topic of computational everyday sound analysis and recognition, and oral and poster presentations of accepted papers. In addition, a special poster session will be dedicated to the DCASE 2018 challenge entries.
We invite submissions on the topics of computational analysis of acoustic scenes and sound events, including but not limited to:
Tasks in computational environmental audio analysis
- Acoustic scene classification
- Sound event detection and localization
- Audio tagging
- Challenges in real-life applications (e.g., rare events, overlapping sound events, weak labels)
Methods for computational environmental audio analysis
- Signal processing methods
- Machine learning methods
- Auditory-motivated methods
- Cross-disciplinary methods involving, e.g., acoustics, biology, psychology, geography, materials science, transports science
Resources, applications, and evaluation of computational environmental audio analysis
- Publicly available datasets or software, taxonomies and ontologies, evaluation procedures
- Ethics, privacy, responsible research
- Description of systems submitted to the DCASE 2018 Challenge
The results of the Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events (DCASE) challenge 2018 will also be announced at the workshop.
WWF Living Planet Centre, Woking, Surrey, UK.
Instructions for authors
Detailed instructions for preparation and submission of workshop papers can be found here.