DCASE 2016 Workshop is the 1st workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events. It is dedicated to recent advances on computational analysis of everyday environmental audio scenes and on closely related topics. The technical program will include invited speakers, oral and poster presentations of peer-reviewed submissions, and a special session about the DCASE 2016 Challenge.
We invite submissions relevant to the field, including but not limited to:
Tasks in computational environmental audio analysis
- Acoustic scene classification
- Sound event detection and localization
- Audio tagging
- Challenges in real-life applications (e.g., rare events, overlapping sound events, weak labels)
Methods for computational environmental audio analysis
- Signal processing methods
- Machine learning methods
- Auditory-motivated methods
- Cross-disciplinary methods involving, e.g., acoustics, biology, psychology, geography, materials science, transports science
Resources, applications, and evaluation of computational environmental audio analysis
- Publicly available datasets or software, taxonomies and ontologies, evaluation procedures
- Description of systems submitted to the DCASE 2016 Challenge
Hilton Budapest Hotel, Budapest, Hungary. The venue is the same as for EUSIPCO2016.