The workshop aims to provide a venue for researchers working on computational analysis of sound events and scene analysis to present and discuss their results.
The 4th Workshop on Detection and Classification of Acoustic Scenes and Events, DCASE 2019, will be held in New York City on October 25-26 2019.
As in previous years the workshop is organized in conjunction with the DCASE challenge. We aim to bring together researchers from many different universities and companies with an interest in the topic, and provide the opportunity for scientific exchange of ideas and opinions.
The technical program will include invited speakers on the topic of computational everyday sound analysis and recognition, and oral and poster presentations of accepted papers. In addition, a special poster session will be dedicated to the DCASE 2019 challenge entries and results.
We invite submissions on the topics of computational analysis of acoustic scenes and sound events, including but not limited to:
Tasks in computational environmental audio analysis
- Acoustic scene classification
- Sound event detection and localization
- Audio tagging
- Challenges in real-life applications (e.g., rare events, overlapping sound events, and weak labels)
Methods for computational environmental audio analysis
- Signal processing methods
- Machine learning methods
- Auditory-motivated methods
- Cross-disciplinary methods involving, e.g., acoustics, biology, psychology, geography, materials science, transports science
Resources, applications, and evaluation of computational environmental audio analysis
- Publicly available datasets or software, taxonomies and ontologies, evaluation procedures
- Ethics, privacy, responsible research
- Description of systems submitted to the DCASE 2019 Challenge, expanded from the challenge technical report submissions to include evaluation results and comparison.
Reproducible research with open-source code and open data is encouraged (but not mandatory).
Day 1 Friday 25/10/2019, 8:30 - 17:25
|11:20||Oral session I||
|13:40||Poster session I||
|15:40||Oral session II||
|17:20||DCASE 2020 announcements|
|17:25||End of sessions|
Day 2 Saturday 26/10/2019, 8:30 - 17:00
|10:10||Oral session III||
|11:20||Oral session IV||
|13:40||Poster session II||
|15:40||Town hall discussion||
|17:00||End of workshop|
17:40 - 19:40 Welcome Reception
370 Jay St, 12th Floor
New York University's Tandon School of Engineering, Brooklyn, NY, USA.